I can not believe it is June already and that we are so close to our one year anniversary!!! I remember the whole thing like it was yesterday and counting down the days until we got married. As I look back on this past year we have made some great memories! Some of my favorite are:
The day we got married.
The most amazing day EVER!! I remember waking up and could not believe that June 11 was FINALLY here. That I was finally going to be married to my best friend, the most amazing man ever!! I was so excited that Alex Walz was finally going to be my husband, not my fiance, not my boyfriend but my husband!! I had a hard time transitioning from calling him my fiance to my husband. Someone came and walked through our line and I introduced him as my fiance :/ [oops].
Our Honeymoon.
So we did not know where we were going to for our honeymoon until the night of our wedding. Alex's dad surprised us, so when we were leaving he handed us an envelope that had our plane tickets and the hotel reservations in it. Nobody knew where we were going until Alex had checked in on facebook at which airport we were at, which was really fun because everyone was waiting to find out. It was so nice to be able to go on a vacation with just Alex. We had so much fun in San Diego. We stayed right on the Bay, which was beautiful to wake up each morning to see the Ocean. My favorite memory was we were walking around this cute little shopping area on the streets and this little old man stops us and says, "You guys are the happiest couple here in San Diego, Don't you ever forget that." We made sure to write that down once we got back to our hotel just so that we could always remember that and how happy we make each other. Love my husband so much.
First Surgery.
About a month after we got married Alex woke up at 4:00 am in a ton of pain and feeling very sick. So I went to the store and got him some medicine. Which was laxatives. I thought I was being a good wife and knew exactly what was wrong. Well the medicine was not helping one single ounce, his pain just got worse and worse. He was huddled in a ball in so much pain. I had suggested many times that day that we should go to the doctor to see what was wrong, but being the stubborn husband he is, would not listen to me and say the typical boy response "I'm fine." Well finally at 5:00 pm I talked him into going to the insta-care. We got there and the doctor said we needed to go to the ER immediately and that it was Alex's appendix. Well we get to the ER and they take us back give Alex some pain meds (which he was VERY loopy) and had him drink this chalk stuff that tasted like lemonade so they could do a CT scan. They came back and said they would be with us soon about the results. They came in and said that he would have to go to emergency surgery and that they would come get him in 30 min. I was a wreck. Surgeries always scare me, what if something went wrong? It was hard giving him the last kiss before they wheeled him off. Luckily everything went well with surgery. He was so sweet back in the recovery room, he didn't care about himself, the whole time he kept asking the nurses to get me a pillow, get me a blanket, he even asked if they could get me a bed and making sure that I was ok. (you would think I was the one who had surgery.) He is the sweetest husband ever.
Las Vegas.
In August for my birthday we went to Las Vegas and we saw Lion King. Such a fun first birthday being married. Since then we have been back to Vegas 5 or so times because Alex's dad got a job and moved there. We miss him so much but it is always fun to go and visit him. He has such a beautiful house and a major plus, it has a pool. When we go there we just hang out by the pool the whole time.
Temple.
Every month we go to the temple with 2 amazing couples and great friends. We have made this a tradition which I absolutely love. Last month we went to the Salt Lake Temple and did sealings. We actually got to do the sealings in the exact same room which Alex and I were sealed. It was so fun to be in that room and holding hands thinking of the day we got married in that exact room. I love going to the temple and the spirit that is there.
I love my husband so much and am so grateful for him. We have made so many great memories in this (almost) year and I look forward to the many years to come. I am so glad that I get to spend my life with such an amazing man.

No comments:
Post a Comment